Fettuccine Alfredo is simply created with noodles, butter, pasta water and parmesan cheese. This 30 minute meal will be your new go-to Alfredo recipe!
- 1lb dried fettuccine pasta*
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temperature (I used European butter)
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or domestic parmesan, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped, for garnish
- Cook pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. The water should taste as salty as sea water. Add in pasta and cook until 1-2 minutes short of al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving a cup of cooking water.
- Make the Sauce. Add the cup of pasta water to a pan and bring to a simmer. Gradually whisk in room temperature butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until emulsified. Then whisk in grated cheese, being careful to avoid lumps.
- Toss & serve: Transfer the pasta to the sauce and turn to coat. Add more cheese or pasta water, as needed, to adjust the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with more cheese and chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy.
You can substitute 26 ounces of fresh fettuccine noodles for 1 pound of dried noodles. You can also substitute with linguine noodles.
This dish does not reheat well. If you have leftovers, consider looking up a recipe for a “leftover pasta frittata”.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of pasta
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 122mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
Keywords: authentic fettuccine alfredo, fettuccine alfredo, alfredo pasta