Brussels sprouts with pancetta is one of the best ways to eat brussels sprouts in my opinion. Charred brussels with crispy pancetta and a hint of lemon will be your new favorite way to eat your veggies.
- 1lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4oz pancetta, cut into ½ inch cubes*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crisp pancetta: Add cubed pancetta to a cold cast iron or nonstick pan. Turn heat to medium. Render fat and crisp pancetta, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Brown brussels: Increase heat to medium-high. Add olive oil to pan. Add brussels sprouts, cut side down. Season with salt. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until well-browned. Flip and cook on opposite side for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt on cut side.
- Finish in oven: Transfer pan to oven to cook brussels sprouts all the way through. This may take approximately 5-12 minutes, depending on the size of the brussels and how much they cooked on the stove top.
- Serve: Stir pancetta and any rendered fat in with brussels sprouts. Stir in zest. Squeeze over lemon juice to taste or serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy.
- For thick cut pancetta, try your deli counter. I ask for a nice thick chunk (either ½ inch or 1 inch thick) and chop it up at home. If you buy extra, it freezes very well. Just wrap in plastic wrap and stick in a ziplock bag labeled with the date, and you’re good to go next time you need pancetta.
- If you can’t find pancetta, you can sub out slab bacon or thick cut bacon.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: side
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of brussels sprouts
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Keywords: brussels sprouts with pancetta, brussels sprouts and pancetta, roasted brussels sprouts