These crepes are to-die-for. They’re filled with a layer of apricot preserves, and whipped mascarpone filling. Pistachios and more preserves top it off.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (or 2 tsp granulated sugar)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 13 oz Jar of Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves
- 1 tbsp dark rum or brandy (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup toasted, salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Make batter: Combine all crepe ingredients into a blender. Process until combined. Do not overmix. Rest for 1 hour at room temperature or for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Make filling: Chill the bowl and whisk attachment of a standing mixer in the freezer for 5 minutes. Add cream to bowl and whisk over high speed for about 1 ½ minutes, or until soft peaks are formed. Transfer whipped cream to another bowl. Remove whisk attachment and insert paddle attachment. Add mascarpone, sugar and salt to bowl. Whip for about 1-2 minutes over medium-high speed, or until all ingredients are combined and cheese is slightly more airy. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make apricot topping: Add ½ cup of preserves to a small sauce pan with the rum, salt and about 1 teaspoon of water. Bring to a simmer for about 3-4 minutes or until alcohol is somewhat cooked out. Add additional water, as needed, if mixture becomes too thick. Reheat before using.
- Cook crepes: Warm a 10-inch nonstick pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with butter. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Immediately lift the pan and rotate it in a circular motion to coat the bottom evenly with batter. Cook the crepe about 1- 1 ½ minutes on the first side, or until the top is dry and bottom side is lightly browned. Flip and cook on the opposite side for about 30-60 seconds or until lightly browned. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve: Spread about 1 tablespoon of the apricot preserves onto a crepe. Top it with about 3 tablespoons of the mascarpone filling, and spread evenly (do not blend the layers). Fold the crepe in half, and then in half again into a triangle. Alternatively, you can roll the crepes into a cigar shape. Drizzle with the apricot-rum topping and scatter over pistachios. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cook in pan
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Serving Size: 2 crepes
- Calories: 664
- Sugar: 34g
- Sodium: 467mg
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: crepes with mascarpone, crepes with jam, crepes with cheese, crepes with cream cheese filling