This simple, grilled asparagus dish is livened up by a bright citrus vinaigrette, making it a great summer side dish.
- 1 bunch standard asparagus, trimmed*
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Thin, 1 inch strips of orange zest (of about 1/3 orange)
- Thin, 1 inch strips of lemon zest (of about ½ lemon)
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Grill asparagus: Preheat grill pan to medium-high heat. Lightly drizzle asparagus with oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Grill a total of about 6-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, flipping half way through. Transfer to plate and garnish with citrus zest.
- Make vinaigrette & serve: Whisk together citrus juices and mustard. Slowly stream in oil while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over asparagus. Reserve any remaining dressing for future use. Enjoy.
- Trim asparagus by snapping off bottom portion of stem where it naturally breaks, about 1-3 inches from the bottom.
- Asparagus come in fat, standard and pencil thin thicknesses, which have variable cooking times. If using fat asparagus, use a vegetable peeler to remove the tough, outer skin.
- Category: Side
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of asparagus
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: grilled, asparagus, lemon, orange