This soup is creamy, sweet and smoky. Corn and scallions are rubbed in chipotle chili powder, grilled, pureed and blended with chicken broth and cream.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, with skin
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Grill vegetables: Heat grill to medium-high. Stir chili powder into melted butter. Brush ears of corn and scallions with butter and season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables to grill. Grill corn for 6-8 minutes, turning every 1 ½ -2 minutes, or until charred on all sides and tender. Cook garlic in skin 4-5 minutes or until slightly softened. Grill scallions for about 1-2 minutes per side or until charred and wilted. Allow vegetables to cool slightly.
- Cut vegetables: Remove kernels from cob, reserving a few tablespoons for garnish. Chop scallions, discarding root. Peel and chop garlic.
- Blend & serve: Add vegetables to food processor or blender and pulse until ground. Add chicken broth and puree. Pour mixture through sieve into a medium sauce pan, pushing through contents with a rubber spatula. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer, add cream and taste for seasoning. Garnish soup with reserved corn, chopped scallions tops or curls*, and a few drops of cream. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Simmer, Grill
- Cuisine: American, New American
- Serving Size: 1/3 of soup
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: corn, grilled, soup, creamy