This grilled peach dish works well as a summer appetizer or light dessert. Grilled to perfection, topped with tangy, whipped goat cheese, sweet balsamic syrup and fried Marcona almonds, these peaches are simple, yet sophisticated.
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup soft, goat cheese
- 10 yellow peaches, halved, pitted (choose ripe, yet firm peaches)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic syrup or aged balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fried Marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Whip cream: Chill the bowl and whisk attachment of a standing mixer for 5 minutes in the freezer. Beat cream over high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Season with a pinch of salt. Transfer to bowl.
- Whip cheese: Using the paddle attachment, whip goat cheese in the same bowl over medium-high speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light a fluffy. Gently fold whipped cream into goat cheese in 2 additions. Taste for seasoning.
- Grill peaches: Heat grill pan to medium-high to high heat. Brush peaches with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Grease grill with additional oil. Grill about 1-3 minutes per side or until charred.
- Serve: Scoop about 1 tablespoon of goat cheese filling into hollowed out portion of peaches, drizzle with balsamic syrup and top with nuts. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: New American
- Serving Size: 1/2 peach with topping
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: grilled, peaches, goat cheese, balsamic