Steak chimichurri just met it’s Italian cousin. Luscious, tender Hanger Steak is kicked up a notch with my garlicky, herbaceous Salsa Verde.
- 1, 1lb hanger steak, split in two, membrane and excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tbsp vinegar brined capers
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sherry or red wine vinegar, or to taste
- Canola or vegetable oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Make salsa verde: Combine parsley through garlic in a food processor with 1 tablespoon of oil. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and process until ingredients are finely chopped. Stir in salt and vinegar, to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Cook steaks: Heat a pan, preferably cast iron, over medium high heat. Season steaks generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle over oil and rub in to lightly coat. Add to pan and cook a total of about 10-12 minutes for medium rare (125-130°F), turning every 3-4 minutes. Steak should be well-browned on all sides. Remove from pan and rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice on bias against the grain.
- Serve: Serve steak with salsa verde and any accumulated juices. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Pan fry
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 5oz steak with sauce
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 37g
Keywords: steak, salsa verde, parsley, anchovies