Hasselback potatoes are definitely my go-to potato over your typical baked potato. All of those thin slices get irresistibly crispy on the outside, while the insides are soft and creamy.
- 2 medium Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes, scrubbed & dried
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter, sliced very thin, plus more for drizzling (omit if vegan)
- 1–2 sprigs thyme
- Chunky sea salt (such as fleur de sel), for garnish
- Heat oven: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice & season potatoes: Lay potatoes flat and slice 1/8 to ¼-inch thick slits across the potato, about ¾ of the way through. Lightly coat in olive oil. Season with salt on the outside and between each slit. Wedge a sliver of butter between every few slices of the potato, and a small piece of thyme (stem intake) between the alternate slices. If omitting butter, make sure to coat well with oil between each slice.
- Bake & serve: Bake in the center rack of the oven for about 1 hour or until potatoes are fork tender and crispy on the outside. Discard thyme stems. Drizzle with melted butter or olive oil, and sprinkle with chunky salt. Enjoy.
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Swedish, American
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 12.3mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: hasselback, potatoes