Kale and Pomegranate Salad with Persimmons will be your new favorite winter salad! Make sure to check out my recipe notes for ideas for substitutions.
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, thinly sliced (~4.5 oz/8 cups)
- 1 fuyu persimmon, cut into thin half circles
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4oz feta cheese*
- 1/2 cup pecans*
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Kosher salt, plus flakey salt (maldon or fleur de sel)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Toast nuts: Preheat oven to 325°F. Place pecans on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes. Whisk together butter, maple syrup and a pinch of kosher salt. Pour over pecans and stir to combine. Transfer back to oven and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until maple mixture is thickened. Sprinkle over flakey salt, if desired. Allow to cool.
- Make dressing: Stir together vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Season with salt.
- Toss salad: In a large bowl, combine kale, persimmons and pomegranate arils. Drizzle over desired amount of dressing. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired.
- Serve: Transfer salad to serving dishes. Top with pecans and crumble over cheese. Enjoy.
Substitute goat cheese for feta, if desired.
Substitute walnuts or pistachios for pecans, if desired.
Store any leftover maple butter nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
Store any leftover dressing in a jar in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Slice, Bake, Toss, Chop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of salad with dressing
- Calories: 564
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Unsaturated Fat: 35g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: kale salad with pomegranates, kale pomegranate salad, persimmon pomegranate salad, kale and persimmon salad