These easy oven baked Korean BBQ Pork Ribs are glazed in a delicious sticky sweet sauce made with gochujang, hoisin and soy sauce.
- 1 rack of St Louis Style pork spare ribs (about 3lbs)
- 6 tablespoons gochujang paste
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoons finely grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Kosher salt or salt of choice
- Heat oven and prep pan: Preheat oven to 325°F. Cover a sheet tray with enough foil to wrap the ribs.
- Make sauce: Whisk together gochujang, hoisin, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Divide sauce in half. Place 1 half in the fridge.
- Bake ribs: Place ribs on foil over the sheet tray. Add 2 tablespoons of water to half of the sauce. Coat ribs generously on both sides with the diluted sauce. Seal ribs tightly in foil. Bake in the center of the oven, meaty side up for about 2 hours or until tender. Check after 1 hour and baste with sauce. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if sauce appears dry or at risk of burning, and reseal in foil.
- Grill ribs: Preheat indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Season ribs lightly with salt on both sides, and place on grill. Baste with remaining sauce, and grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve: Slice and enjoy.
- Gochujang is a Korean fermented, red chili paste which can be found at most large grocery stores, Asian markets, and online.
- This recipe is adapted from Food and Wine.
- If you don’t have an indoor or outdoor grill, char ribs under the broiler of the oven for a couple minutes.
- Make sure the foil is tightly sealed. If it’s not, you’ll risk the sauce drying out and burning while the ribs bake.
- Consider baking the ribs ahead of time and reheating on the grill when you plan to eat.
- Category: Main
- Method: Bake, grill
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 1/4 rack
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 947mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
Keywords: korean bbq ribs, oven korean ribs, korean pork ribs