These chicken thighs are crispy, juicy and flavorful. Pan-seared, perfumed with rosemary and roasted lemons, and served with a luscious pan sauce.Print
These chicken thighs are crispy, juicy and flavorful. Pan-seared, perfumed with rosemary and roasted lemons, and served with a luscious pan sauce.
- 3 (~1 ½ lbs) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced ¼ inch thick, seeds removed
- 3–4 sprigs of rosemary
- ½ medium shallot, minced
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tbsp chilled butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oven & prep chicken: Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear chicken: Warm oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken to pan skin-side down. Add lemon slices and scatter over rosemary. Cook chicken 6-8 minutes or until skin becomes golden brown. Remove excess oil in pan so only 1 tablespoon remains.
- Roast: Transfer pan to center rack of oven. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until skin is well-browned. Flip chicken and continue to cook 4-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°F. Remove chicken and lemon slices from pan. Discard rosemary.
- Saute shallot: Discard all but 2 teaspoons of oil from pan. Warm over medium heat. Add shallot, season with salt and pepper, and sauté 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Finish sauce & serve: Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Slowly add broth, whisking constantly until combined. Turn heat to medium-high and allow sauce to reduce for 3-5 minutes, or until desired thickness. Add lemon juice to taste. Add butter and swirl pan until incorporated. Taste again for seasoning. Serve chicken with sauce and lemon slices, and enjoy.
- Category: Main
- Method: Pan roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 thigh with sauce
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 57g
Keywords: chicken, chicken thighs, gravy, lemon, roasted