Mango Lassi Popsicles are made with fresh mangoes, yogurt and spices you’d typically find in an Indian lassi.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch saffron
- 3 cups cubed mango (about 2 large)
- 1 cup full fat, plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, or to taste
- 1–2 pinches salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted, roughly chopped
- Make simple syrup: Combine sugar, water and spices in a small pot. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally until sugar melts. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Blend mango mixture: Add mango, yogurt, lime juice and salt to a blender. Process until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve. Stir in simple syrup.
- Freeze and serve: Pour into 8 standard popsicle molds and freeze for 1 hour. Top with pistachios, gently pushing into pops. Add sticks to molds and freeze another 4 hours or until completely frozen. Dip molds into warm water to remove pops. Enjoy.
- To toast the pistachios, preheat oven to 350F. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 8 minutes, stirring half way through, or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Make sure your mangoes are ripe for the best flavor. They should have some give to them.
- If you’re using Greek yogurt, whisk in a little milk or water until it’s the consistency of regular yogurt.
- Total time does not include time for freezing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: mango lassi popsicles, mango popsicles, yogurt popsicles