My version of Mexican Street Corn or Elote is fairly traditional. Charred corn is rubbed in rich, tangy crema and topped with Queso Fresco, chili powder and lime juice.
- 4 ears sweet corn
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- ½ cup Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Chili powder, to taste
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Grill corn: Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high to high heat. Drizzle corn lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes, or until charred in spots and cooked through.
- Top & serve: Remove from grill, smear with crema and coat with cheese. Season with chili powder and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 ear of corn with topping
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: corn, Mexican, street corn, elote, mayo