Take a break from pumpkin pie, and try these mini pumpkin cheesecakes. The gingerbread crust and sour whipped cream topping make them irresistible.
- ¾ cup gingersnap cookies
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch allspice
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Dash of salt
- Heat oven & prep pan: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9 muffin cups.
- Prep crust: Grind cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender. Set aside 1-2 tablespoons of crumbs for the garnish. Add butter and salt to food processor and pulse to combine with crumbs.
- Pre-bake crust: Fill each muffin cup with a heaping teaspoon of the cookie crumbs and press down evenly. Place pan in the center of the oven and pre-bake crust 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool while preparing the filling.
- Make filling: Combine cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment and whip over medium to medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and incorporate over medium speed until mixture is smooth. Stir in pumpkin, spices and vanilla until combined. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Tap muffin pan on counter several times to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake: Bake in the center rack of the oven for about 16-20 minutes, or until set with a slight jiggle, rotating pan half way through. Allow cheesecake to cool in pan for 15 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool for an additional 30 minutes. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2-3hrs.
- Make topping: Chill mixing bowl and whip attachment for 5 minutes in the freezer. Whip all ingredients together for about 2 minutes on high speed, or until stiff peaks are formed.
- Serve: Remove liners from cheesecakes, spoon over topping or pipe using a pastry bag, and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 157mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: pumpkin, cheesecake, gingerbread, crust, sour cream