This Gluten Free Almond Flour Zucchini Bread is just as moist and delicious as a traditional loaf, with more added nutrients.
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini*
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (1/4 tsp heaping fine salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, preferably freshly ground
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Heat oven and prep pan: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Line with parchment overlapping sides. Grease bottom of parchment.
- Squeeze zucchini: Place grated zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze out all excess liquid. Put in a dry towel and allow to dry out further until ready to use.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until well mixed. Stream in oil while whisking until fully incorporated. Whisk in zest and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini.
- Mix together dry and wet: Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 2 to 3 additions. Do not over-mix. Fold in the walnuts and raisins.
- Bake: Spoon batter into the prepared pan and smooth out top. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 35-45 minutes or until browned, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. The bread should register between 205-210F in the center.
- Cool and serve: Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slice and serve. Enjoy.
Grate zucchini on large side of a box grater.
You can substitute 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp dark brown sugar plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar for light brown sugar.
You can use light olive oil, canola oil or vegetable oil for a more neutral flavor in the bread.
Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days or up to 5 days in the fridge.
Wrap in plastic and freeze for up to 3 months.
To make a non-gluten free version, make the following substitutions:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour instead of almond and coconut flours
- Use ¾ tsp baking soda and ½ tsp baking powder
- Add ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (not nonfat) in with wet ingredients after oil
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12 of loaf
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: gluten free zucchini bread, almond flour zucchini bread, healthy zucchini bread