Orange and Fennel Salad with Radicchio combines classic flavors and is perfect for your winter table.
- 8 cups (1–2 heads) radicchio, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 blood orange, skin and pith removed, cut into rounds or wedges
- 1 naval orange, skin and pith removed, cut into rounds or wedges
- ½ fennel bulb, core removed, sliced very thin on mandolin
- Fennel fronds, for garnish
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp shallot ‘pulp’ (finely grated on microplane)
- Zest of half an orange
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Combine salad ingredients: Place radicchio, oranges and fennel in a large bowl.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, combine vinegar, grated shallot and zest. Slowly stream in oil while constantly whisking until dressing is emulsified.
- Toss & serve: Season salad ingredients with salt and pepper. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine. Transfer to serving dishes, top with fronds and enjoy.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Whisk, Toss
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of salad
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: fennel, orange, salad, radicchio