As much as I love braised short, I like them even more leftover and added to pasta. Pappardelle with short rib ragu is one of those comforting dishes you’ll want to keep going back to.
- 2 or 3 leftover short ribs and 1 cup braising liquid from my Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- 8 oz pappardelle pasta
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Pecorino Romano, shaved, for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- Cook pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. The water should taste like salt water. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a cup of pasta water.
- Prepare sauce: While the pasta cooks, remove meat from the bones and shred. Add meat and leftover sauce to a large sauté pan, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Toss & serve: Toss pappardelle in the sauce to coat, adding a few spoonfuls of pasta water, as needed, to thin the sauce. Toss with parsley, garnish with shaved cheese and drizzle with oil. Enjoy.
- The calorie estimations for this recipe are highly inaccurate. According to my own calculations, each serving is approximately 450-500 calories, including oil used for serving.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/3 of pasta
- Calories: 532
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: Italian, pasta, short rib, ragu