These chicken thighs are sweet, tangy, sticky and delicious.
First, the chicken’s marinaded in a combination of pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar, honey and brown sugar. Then the marinade is cooked down into an amazing glaze to coat the chicken as it bakes.
This recipe really couldn’t be easier, and it takes advantage of the beautiful pomegranates in season! A garnish of pomegranate seeds and fresh mint finishes this off perfectly.
Who’s ready to dig in?Print
Pomegranate balsamic glazed chicken thighs are sweet, tangy, sticky and delicious. First, the chicken’s marinaded in a combination of pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar, honey and brown sugar. Then, the marinade is cooked down into an amazing glaze to coat the chicken as it bakes.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 ½ lbs)
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for coating chicken
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Small mint leaves, for garnish
- Marinate chicken: In a small bowl, whisk together molasses, vinegar, honey and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in marinade; marinate at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Season chicken: Remove chicken from marinade; reserve for later use. Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Allow chicken to come to room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Reduce sauce: In the meantime, transfer reserved marinade to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until thickened and syrupy, about 10-12 minutes. Taste for seasoning and keep warm.
- Heat oven: While marinade reduces, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake chicken & serve: Place chicken on a sheet tray and lightly coat in oil. Bake in the center rack of the oven for 10 minutes; brush with glaze. Continue to cook another 5 minutes; brush with another layer of glaze. Cook 5-10 more minutes or until chicken registers 165°F. Brush with any remaining glaze, if desired. Rest 5-8 minutes before serving. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves. Enjoy.
Total time does not reflect time needed to marinate chicken.
- Category: Main
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: New American
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + sauce
- Calories: 577
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: balsamic chicken, pomegranate chicken, pomegranate balsamic vinegar chicken