If you’re a fan of pumpkin, you need these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Streusel Muffins in your life! They’re perfectly moist, topped with crunchy streusel and have a surprise cream cheese filling.
- 6oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cold unsalted butter, sliced in ½ inch pieces
- 1 ¾ cups + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup +1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tbsp (2 ½ oz) buttermilk
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp (5oz) vegetable oil
- Heat oven and prep pan: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- Make the filling: In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat over medium speed until well-combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make streusel: Add all ingredients to a bowl. Using a pastry cutter, two knives or a food processor (instead of the bowl), cut butter into small pieces. There should be some pea-sized pieces, as well as, smaller crumbs. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, spices, salt and baking soda.
- Mix wet ingredients: In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, ginger and eggs. Add buttermilk and whisk to combine. Slowly stream in oil while constantly mixing to emulsify.
- Mix wet and dry: Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients in 2-3 additions. Do not overmix.
- Assemble: Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups half way with batter. Using a 1 tablespoon sized scoop or spoon, add cream cheese centered on top of batter. Cover with remaining batter. Smooth with back of spoon or small offset spatula. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake: Bake on center rack of oven for 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce oven to 350°F and continue to bake for 13-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center of muffin (not through cream cheese filling) comes out clean. Cool on wire rack in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from pan (a small offset spatula works well), and transfer directly onto cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 535mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: muffins, pumpkin, muffin, cream cheese, streusel