These Rosemary Garlic Potatoes are crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and made entirely on your stovetop.
- 1 ½ lb Yukon gold or other yellow flesh potato, peeled and cut into 2/3 inch thick wedges
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 3–4 sprigs of rosemary
- 6–8 medium sized cloves garlic in the skin
- Kosher salt
- Add potatoes to pan: Preheat large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about ½ inch or so of oil to pan, followed by potato wedges. The potato wedges should be spread out in an even layer, not overlapping. Turn every 4-5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Add aromatics: When potatoes start to turn slightly golden, add rosemary and garlic to the pan.
- Cook low and slow: Cook, turning and rotating frequently, until potatoes are crispy on the outside and creamy in the center. The garlic should also be soft and creamy at this stage. This will take approximately 40-50 minutes. If potatoes are browning too quickly, reduce the heat to medium-low. Maintain heat high enough so potatoes do not absorb too much oil and become soggy. As rosemary and exterior of garlic browns, move on top of potatoes or remove from pan to prevent burning.
- Drain and Season: Carefully drain off all excess oil from pan into a bowl. Season potatoes generously with salt and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. The garlic should be sweet and soft enough to eat. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
You can substitute russet potatoes in this recipe, if desired.
You can substitute fresh rosemary and garlic with a few teaspoons of dried rosemary and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Make sure to add these at the end after draining off the oil. Alternatively, omit the rosemary and garlic.
You can also add different spices to this dish such as chili powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin or coriander. Add these at the end after draining the oil.
If your potatoes turned out soggy, the oil temperature was too low and they absorbed too much oil.
If your potatoes burned, the oil temperature was too high.
If rosemary and garlic are browning too much, remove them from the pan.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Shallow fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of potatoes
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: rosemary garlic potatoes, rosemary garlic potatoes on stovetop, stovetop potato wedges, fried potato wedges