Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a great 30 minute meal, perfect for a weeknight dinner or special date night.
- ½ lb pasta (linguine, spaghetti or fettuccine)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave bottom of tale, if desired)
- 4 tbsp butter, sliced, divided
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1–2 pinches of hot red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Zest of one lemon (about 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup loosely packed parsley, finely chopped chopped
- Bring water to boil: Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Sear shrimp: While the water heats up, warm a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add olive oil, followed by shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Sear 1-1 1/2 minutes, flip and season on other side. Cook an additional minute until very slightly undercooked. Turn off heat. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook pasta: Salt pasta water heavily. It should be as salty as sea water. Add pasta and boil 1 minute short of al dente, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water. Drain.
- Cook aromatics: As pasta cooks, add 2 tablespoons of butter, garlic and red pepper flakes to pan used to cook shrimp. Turn heat to medium. After garlic heats and sizzles for several seconds, pour in wine. Increase heat to high and reduce wine by half, about 3-5 minutes.
- Finish & serve: Add pasta to sauce. Cook together over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water, and stir to combine. Return shrimp to the pan. Toss with pasta until cooked and warmed through. Add in lemon zest and juice. Stir in parsley. Taste for seasoning, and add more pasta water, as needed. Enjoy.
I used linguine when I took photos of this dish, but any long, thin pasta works well.
If you don’t want to add wine, substitute for more lemon juice to taste at the end.
You could omit the lemon or parsley if you prefer.
You can use mint and/or basil as a substitute for parsley.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/3 of pasta
- Calories: 580
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
Keywords: lemon garlic shrimp pasta, shrimp scampi pasta, shrimp pasta