Spaghetti with Ramps is a tasty, quick weeknight dish. If you don’t have ramps, simply sub in a few cloves of minced garlic and your favorite greens.
- 12oz spaghetti
- 1 lb ramps, greens and bulbs divided (greens torn into 2 inch pieces, bulbs thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Few pinches of hot red pepper flakes
- ½ cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Cook pasta. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Season heavily with salt and cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain reserving a cup of pasta cooking liquid.
2. Sauté ramps. While water is coming to a boil, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of olive oil, followed by ramp bulbs and hot pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add leaves and season with salt and pepper. Cook until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Set aside until pasta is cooked.
3. Finish pasta. Add cooked spaghetti to pan with ramps and toss to combine. Stir in cheese, zest, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and reserved pasta water, as needed, to create sauce. Cook over medium heat until sauce comes together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve. Divide pasta among serving dishes. Top with a cheese, olive oil, pepper and lemon zest, as desired. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian, New American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pasta
- Calories: 600
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 29g
Keywords: pasta, spaghetti, ramps, parmesan