This is not your typical Caprese salad. Sweet, colorful heirloom tomatoes, creamy burrata cheese and balsamic syrup make this something special.
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, or various sized tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Syrup , or good quality, aged balsamic vinegar
- Small basil leaves or large leaves, torn
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Arrange Caprese: Arrange tomatoes on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Arrange sliced cheese and dollops of the creamy center of the burrata over the tomatoes.
- Top & serve: Drizzle with oil and balsamic syrup , garnish with basil, and season lightly with additional salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread and make sure you sop up all those juices. Enjoy.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Slice
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 salad
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 401mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: caprese salad, salad, tomatoes, mozarella, basil, balsamic