Farro, roasted beets and goat cheese are the major players in this dish, but it’s really the Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette, using Maille Dijon Originale, that brings this recipe over the top.
- 1 ½ cups farro
- 6 medium red beets (or 12 baby beets), greens removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt, as needed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp
- Salt, as needed
- ½ cup mixed greens (such as baby arugula, baby chard & watercress)
- 2oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap beets individually in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake about 40-50 minutes, or until tender. Baby beets will cook in approximately 25-30 minutes. If beets are cooked through, knife will easily slide in and out when inserted.
- Allow beets to cool slightly. Peel off skin and cut into halves or wedges.
- While beets cook, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add farro and cook according to package directions or until tender with a slight bite. Drain.
- While farro cooks, warm a small pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, followed by the chopped shallot. Season with salt. Cook about 4-5 minutes or until tender and translucent. Stir in cooked farro and season with salt. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and . Slowly incorporate olive oil while constantly whisking. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss beets in half of the vinaigrette. Reserve remaining half for topping. Allow beets to cool to room temperature while marinating in dressing.
- Place farro into serving bowls. Top with marinated beets, mixed greens, goat cheese and walnuts. Top with additional dressing, as desired.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Roast, boil, saute
- Cuisine: New American, Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of farro, beets, goat cheese, dressing
- Calories: 580
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: beets, goat cheese, farro, dijon, balsamic