My caprese-inspired salad is made up of juicy, macerated peaches, creamy burrata cheese and a herbaceous basil oil.
- 3 medium peaches, cut into wedges
- 5oz (150g) ball of burrata cheese
- 2 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice, or to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, packed, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Crusty bread, warmed, for serving
- Take out cheese: Remove burrata from fridge and sit out at room temperature. Leave in container with water until ready to eat.
- Macerate peaches: Add peach wedges to a bowl and season with salt. Add sugar and lemon juice to taste, starting with ½ to 1 tsp each, depending on the sweetness and tartness of your fruit. My peaches were not very sweet.
- Make basil oil: Add basil with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of oil to a food processer. Chop. Add remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and process until basil is finely chopped and incorporated in oil. Strain through a sieve.
- Serve: Place burrata and macerated peaches on a plate. Drizzle over basil oil and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with bread. Enjoy.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blend, Slice
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of salad
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 223mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: peach and burrata salad, peach salad, peaches and burrata