My Caprese-inspired Peach and Burrata Salad has juicy, macerated peaches, creamy burrata cheese and a flavorful basil oil.
- 3 medium ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 5 ounces (150g) ball of burrata cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, packed, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Crusty bread, warmed, for serving
- Take out cheese: Remove burrata from fridge and sit out at room temperature. Leave in container with water until ready to eat.
- Macerate peaches: Add peach wedges to a bowl and season with salt. Add sugar and lemon juice to taste, starting with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon each, depending on the sweetness and tartness of your fruit. My peaches were not very sweet when testing this recipe.
- Make basil oil: Add basil with a pinch of salt to a food processer. Pulse to chop. Stream in olive oil while blending until basil is finely chopped and incorporated in the oil. Strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Serve: Place burrata and macerated peaches on a plate. Drizzle over basil oil and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with bread. Enjoy.
- Depending on the sweetness and acidity of your peaches, adjust the amount of sugar and lemon, to taste. If you have really ripe, juicy peaches, you can even skip macerating them all together!
- To make this recipe extra simple, skip making the basil oil. Just drizzle over some good extra virgin olive oil and tear over fresh basil leaves or arugula.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad, Appetizer
- Method: Blend, Slice
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of salad
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 280g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: peach and burrata salad, peach salad, peaches and burrata