This salad is inspired by Greek flavors. Shaved cucumber slices and quick-pickled red onions are coated with a tangy, feta-yogurt dressing, and topped with fresh dill and crumbled feta.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 medium, English cucumber, ends removed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp crumbled Feta, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup loosely packed dill, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Pickle onions: In a medium bowl, toss onion with vinegar, salt and sugar, and allow to pickle for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Drain before adding to salad.
- Slice cucumbers: Using a mandolin, thinly slice long strips of cucumber and pat dry. Set aside.
- Make dressing: Combine mayonnaise, feta, yogurt, oil and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with pepper and salt, if needed.
- Serve: Arrange cucumber slices and red onion on a serving dish. Drizzle over dressing, garnish with dill and top with crumbled feta. Enjoy.
- I think Greek yogurt would also work well here and add additional thickness and creaminess. If the dressing becomes too thick, add additional lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Slice
- Cuisine: New American, Greek
- Serving Size: 1/6 of salad
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 632mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: salad, cucumber, feta, yogurt, red onion