Shell pasta and peas just go together perfectly in my book. Now imagine throwing in some creamy ricotta and salty parmesan cheese. It’s a great, quick weeknight meal satisfying for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
- ½ lb shell pasta (I used tofette)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1tbsp butter
- 1 cup peas, fresh (shelled & blanched) or frozen (defrosted)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, freshly grated, plus more for serving
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ½ cup loosely packed parsley, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Cook pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Sauté peas: Warm oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add peas and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until just warmed through.
- Toss pasta with sauce & serve: Add pasta to the pan and toss to combine. Stir in cheeses, along with enough pasta water to create a sauce. Taste for seasoning. Stir in zest and parsley. Serve with grated cheese. Enjoy.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Saute, boil
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/3 of pasta
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 434mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: pasta with peas, pasta with peas and ricotta cheese, pasta with peas and ricotta