Who doesn’t love steak chimichurri? How about a Chimichurri Steak Taco topped with charred corn pico de gallo? You’re going to love these!
Steak & chimichurri:
- 1 skirt steak (about 1 ½ lbs)
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced or crushed with garlic press
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Pico de gallo:
- 1 ear corn, husked
- 1 medium vine ripe tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (remove seeds if desired)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 8, 6-inch flour tortillas
- Crumbled blue cheese, feta or queso fresco (I used a Danish blue)
- Make chimichurri: Combine cilantro, parsley and garlic in a bowl. Add enough oil to create a loose, saucy consistency. Add vinegar, lemon and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. You may also make the sauce in a food processor or with a mortar and pestle, rather than chopping the herbs by hand.
- Marinate: Add steak to a plastic ziplock bag with about half of the chimichurri and rub into the meat. Seal and marinate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Chill chimichurri: Store remaining sauce in a jar in the fridge, covered with just enough oil to cover the herbs. Remove from fridge an hour before using so oil is no longer congealed.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat. Grease grill and coat corn in extra virgin olive oil. Grill, rotating every 3-4 minutes, for a total of 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and charred in spots. Cool and cut off the cob.
- Make pico: In a bowl, combine all pico ingredients (corn through salt). Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Prep steak: Remove steak from marinade and allow to come to room temperature for 30 minutes. Pat dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Cut into 3 or 4 lengths to make grilling more manageable.
- Grill steak: Heat the grill to high heat. Grease. Grill steaks 1 ½ to 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. The very thin end piece may only need about 1 minute per side. Allow steaks to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice into 3 inch lengths. Rotate and cut ½ inch thick slices against the grain.
- Warm tortillas: Keep grill on to warm the tortillas. Warm over medium heat for about 30 seconds per side or until soft and pliable.
- Serve: Spoon charred corn pico over tortillas, place on several slices of steak, spoon over chimichurri sauce and top with blue cheese. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Serving Size: 6 oz steak, 2 small tortillas + toppings
- Calories: 823
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 201.5 mg
- Fat: 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 46.2 g
Keywords: chimichurri steak tacos, steak tacos, chimichurri steak