Need something light after Thanksgiving or just want an awesome fall salad? This Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Goat Cheese and Pistachios will do the trick.
- ½ cup pistachios
- 4oz (8 cups) mixed greens, such as baby gem, green leaf, red leaf and oak leaf lettuces, roughly torn
- 1 pear (I used Bartlett)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 2oz aged goat cheese, shaved (can sub parmigiano reggiano or pecorino)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus more to coat pear
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Kosher salt
- Toast pistachios: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season generously with salt. Toast 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Slice pear: Slice pear in half lengthwise. Cut each half into half lengthwise. Slice out core on angle. Cut into thin slices. Coat in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Make dressing: Whisk together lemon juice and molasses in a small bowl. Slowly stream in olive oil while constantly whisking. Season with salt.
- Mix and serve: Add lettuce, pear and pomegranate to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and lightly toss to coat. Transfer to serving dishes. Top with pistachios and cheese. Enjoy.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toast, Mix
- Cuisine: American, New American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of salad + dressing
- Calories: 500
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: salad, pear, pomegranate, goat cheese, pistachios