Need something light after Thanksgiving or just want an awesome fall salad? This Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Pistachios will do the trick.
Pear and Pomegranate Salad will be your new go to
We all know it’s important to get in our fruits and veggies, but salads can get pretty boring.
This Pear and Pomegranate Salad is perfect for the fall and winter months, and keeps things fun and interesting.
The quality of ingredients is so important in a salad, so make sure you scope out the best lettuce and fruits you can find, even if it means switching up the ingredients a bit.
You’re going to LOVE this pomegranate dressing.
I’m a huge fan of this lemon pomegranate salad dressing. It pairs perfectly with this pear and pomegranate salad, and only has three ingredients!
Lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and good extra virgin olive oil are all you need. Oh and salt, of course. The tangy, slightly sweet dressing will become your new fall favorite.
What can we swap out for the pear and pomegranates?
- Fruit: Apples, Dried Cranberries
- Vegetables: Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussels sprouts (shaved raw or roasted)
- Greens: Kale, Endive, Radicchio
- Nuts: Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds
More Seasonal Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze
- Cranberry Orange Scones
- Kale and Apple Salad with Blue Cheese and Maple Glazed Walnuts
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows and Brown Butter Pecan Topping
- Italian Lentil Soup
- Brined Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- Sausage Chestnut Stuffing
- Kale Caesar Salad with Polenta Croutons
- Braised Short Ribs with Sunchoke Puree
- Apple Cider Braised Turkey Legs
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Whipped Sour Cream
If you make this recipe, please post a comment and rating down below. If you want to be notified every time I post a new recipe, subscribe to my blog and give me a follow on my social accounts: instagram, pinterest, twitter, youtube. See you next time!Print
Need something light after Thanksgiving or just want an awesome fall salad? This Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Goat Cheese and Pistachios will do the trick.
- ½ cup pistachios
- 4oz (8 cups) mixed greens, such as baby gem, green leaf, red leaf and oak leaf lettuces, roughly torn
- 1 pear (I used Bartlett)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 2oz aged goat cheese, shaved (can sub parmigiano reggiano or pecorino)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus more to coat pear
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Kosher salt
- Toast pistachios: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season generously with salt. Toast 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Slice pear: Slice pear in half lengthwise. Cut each half into half lengthwise. Slice out core on angle. Cut into thin slices. Coat in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Make dressing: Whisk together lemon juice and molasses in a small bowl. Slowly stream in olive oil while constantly whisking. Season with salt.
- Mix and serve: Add lettuce, pear and pomegranate to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and lightly toss to coat. Transfer to serving dishes. Top with pistachios and cheese. Enjoy.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toast, Mix
- Cuisine: American, New American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of salad + dressing
- Calories: 500
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: salad, pear, pomegranate, goat cheese, pistachios