These tender, juicy chicken kebabs are marinated overnight in yogurt and a Middle Eastern-inspired spice blend. Serve them up in a pita with lettuce, tomato, feta and tahini sauce, and you’re in business.
Spiced Chicken Kebabs with Tahini Sauce
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
These tender, juicy chicken kebabs are marinated overnight in yogurt and a Middle Eastern-inspired spice blend. Serve them up in a pita with lettuce, tomato, feta and tahini sauce.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-1 ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup plain, whole milk yogurt (not Greek)
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked, sweet paprika
- ½ tsp garam masala or baharat spice blend, if you can find it
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ½ tsp fresh cracked pepper, plus more as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Tahini sauce (see recipe), for serving
- Feta cheese, for crumbling
- Pita bread, for serving (gluten free, if needed)
- Marinate chicken: Combine yogurt, spices, garlic and lemon juice. Add chicken and marinade at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prep for grilling: Remove excess marinade and skewer chicken. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning. Allow chicken to come to room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour before grilling. Heat grill pan or outdoor grill over medium to medium-high heat. Season chicken with additional salt and pepper.
- Grill: Grill for a total of about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is charred and cooked through.
- Dress vegetables: Lightly drizzle lettuce with oil, squeeze over lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Season tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Place chicken, lettuce and tomato in pita bread and top with tahini sauce and feta. I like to cut up extra lettuce and tomato on the side and use any leftover tahini sauce as salad dressing. Enjoy.
- Time does not reflect inactive time. The marinating process takes another 2-24 hours.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 5 oz chicken + ⅓ accompaniments
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 1189mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 46g
Keywords: chicken, kebabs, tahini
This is just what I needed. My grill is finally thawed out and this just really hit the spot. Love tahini sauce.
Sabrina Russo says
Awesome! Thank you 🙂