These are definitely a fan favorite at work. I mean you can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter.
These chocolate peanut butter brownies are incredibly moist and flavorful. They’re rich and not too sweet despite the use of milk chocolate.
And the ganache….that’s where it’s at. White chocolate plus peanut butter= the best peanut butter frosting you’ll ever have! Top it off with roasted peanuts and chunky salt, and you’ll be in taste bud heaven.
Milk Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Ganache
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
These milk chocolate brownies with peanut butter ganache are incredibly moist and flavorful. They’re rich and not too sweet despite the use of milk chocolate.
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 5 oz baking milk chocolate, chopped*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp natural cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Dash vanilla extract
- ¼ cup roasted, peanuts, roughly chopped, for topping
- Chunky sea salt (such as Fleur de sel or Maldon), for topping
- Heat oven & prep pan: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan, line with parchment paper and grease again.
- Melt chocolate & butter: Set a glass or metal bowl over a pot of simmering water or use a double boiler. Add the milk chocolate and butter to the bowl, and stir frequently until melted. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and let cool slightly.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, espresso powder and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients: Using a standing mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together over high speed until pale and creamy, about 1 ½-2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Mix wet & dry: Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake: Transfer to the center of the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs attached. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Make ganache: While the brownies are cooling, combine the white chocolate, butter, peanut butter and salt in a bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it reaches a gentle simmer. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate mixture and allow it to sit for a minute or two. Whisk the mixture until smooth, and stir in the vanilla. Pour the ganache over the cooled brownies and allow it to set up for about 20 minutes or until partially firmed.
- Set & serve: Top with the nuts, sprinkle with sea salt and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until the ganache is completely set. Remove the brownies from the pan, peel away the parchment paper and cut into 16 squares. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 142mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: brownies, peanut butter, ganache, peanuts
Leave a Reply