Beautifully browned, roasted cauliflower is brought to life with my lemon-caper citronette and fresh parsley. Serve this as a side dish or even as a vegetarian main course alongside a hearty grain, such as farro or barley.Print
Beautifully browned, roasted cauliflower is brought to life with my lemon-caper citronette and fresh parsley. Serve this as a side dish or even as a vegetarian main course alongside a hearty grain, such as farro or barley.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp capers, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oven & prepare pan: Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Roast cauliflower: Place cauliflower on baking sheet, toss with ¼ cup of oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast about 15-18 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender, turning halfway through. Transfer to broiler and cook 3-5 minutes, or until well-browned in spots.
- Make citronette: While cauliflower roasts, whisk together garlic, mustard, zest, lemon juice, and capers. Slowly drizzle in remaining ¼ cup of oil, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss & serve: Toss cauliflower in half of the dressing while hot. Stir in parsley and drizzle with remaining dressing. Enjoy.
- Toasted pine nuts or pan-fried breadcrumbs would also be great additions. If you have them on hand, toss them in!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: ⅙ of cauliflower
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: cauliflower, roasted, lemon, capers