Who needs a quick, healthy, post-holiday meal? And who loves salmon?
Yes? Well, then this 5-ingredient salmon is just the thing for you. It’s glazed in a combination of whole grain and Dijon mustards, and maple syrup for a hint of sweetness. A squeeze of lemon naturally completes this dish.
If you’re really looking for a light meal, I’d simply pair this with a salad, or steamed or roasted vegetables. For something a little more substantial, I think potatoes do the trick. I actually enjoyed this with my hasselback potatoes (recipe coming soon).
Having quick recipes with easy-to-find ingredients like this is always handy for an easy, weeknight meal. Plus, whenever you get a cooking method like this down, you can switch up the glaze a million different ways to keep it interesting.
Who needs a quick, healthy weeknight meal? Well I have just the thing for you. Try my 5-ingredient Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon.
- 2, 6oz skin-on salmon fillets (preferably center-cut)
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat oven & prep: Preheat oven to 450°F. Bring salmon to room temperature for 30 minutes. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Season salmon: In a small bowl, whisk together mustards, syrup and oil. Pat salmon dry. Season well with salt and pepper on the skin side; season lightly on the opposite side. Lay salmon skin side down on the prepared baking sheet. Rub the top with the mustard mixture.
- Bake & serve: Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked to preferred doneness. If desired, transfer under the broiler for the last 2-4 minutes of cooking for a more well-browned crust (not depicted here). Remove skin before serving, if desired. Serve with lemon. Enjoy.
- Category: Main
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 filet salmon
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 329mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 38g
Keywords: salmon, mustard, maple