Kale Salad with Pomegranates and Persimmons is definitely one of my favorite winter salads. Maple Butter Pecans and Feta Cheese make it over the top delicious.
A Great Winter Salad
Salads can get boring, especially in the winter when you’re less inspired by the produce. This kale salad with pomegranates and persimmons takes advantage of some of the sweetest, most colorful fruit of the season.
For some crunch, I added addicting maple butter pecans. They’re easy to make a great snack for anytime throughout the day.
For a creamy, salty bite, I added some feta cheese. Goat cheese would also work really well here!
Sweet balsamic and lemon dressing is the perfect finishing touch to this fruit forward winter salad.
More Great Salad Recipes
- Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Goat Cheese and Pistachios
- Farro, Beets and Goat Cheese with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Herbed Chickpea and Quinoa Salad with Tahini Yogurt
- Orange and Fennel Salad with Radicchio
- Kale and Apple Salad with Blue Cheese and Glazed Walnuts
- Beet and Goat Cheese Salad with Pistachio Pesto
- Warm Grain Salad with Sausage and Cauliflower
If you make this recipe, please post a comment and rating down below. If you want to be notified every time I post a new recipe, subscribe to my blog and give me a follow on my social accounts: instagram, pinterest, twitter, youtube. See you next time!
Kale and Pomegranate Salad with Persimmons will be your new favorite winter salad! Make sure to check out my recipe notes for ideas for substitutions.
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, thinly sliced (~4.5 oz)
- 1 fuyu persimmon, cut into thin half circles
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 oz feta cheese*
- 1/3 cup pecans*
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Toast nuts: Preheat oven to 325°F. Place pecans on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes. Whisk together butter and maple syrup. Pour over pecans, season with salt and toss to combine. Transfer back to oven and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until maple mixture is thickened, stirring half way through. Allow to cool.
- Make dressing: Stir together balsamic and lemon in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Season with salt.
- Toss salad: In a large bowl, combine kale, persimmons and pomegranate arils. Drizzle over dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve: Transfer salad to serving dishes. Top with pecans and crumble over feta. Enjoy.
Substitute goat cheese for feta, if desired.
Substitute walnuts for pecans, if desired.
Store any leftover maple butter nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Slice, Bake, Toss
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of salad
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 257.3 mg
- Fat: 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: kale salad with pomegranates, kale pomegranate salad, persimmon pomegranate salad, kale and persimmon salad